Friday, 22 May 2015

SYDNEY FASHION WEEKEND





Camilla and Marc 'Biometric' Blazer | Sass & Bide French Navy Singlet, 'That Night' Bra | Glassons Disco Pants | Salvatore Ferragamo 'Barbados' Jelly Flats | Swarovski Diamond Earrings | Cartier Love Rings | Michael Kors Diamond Rose Gold Watch, 'MK' Rose Gold Ring | Fendi '2Jours' Bag in Grey


So it's taken me approx. 1.5 years to get this blog started, and what a better way to set it off with a fashion frenzy KERPOW! Whilst I've always been the avid fashion consumer I've never enriched or educated myself with the fashion world besides my many unhealthy trips to Net-a-Porter, Chanel, Harrods and a plethora of stores stamped all across the world. As a child I followed my mothers footsteps in the elitism associated with the fashion world, as I was thrown hand-me-down Louis' and forced to prance around with them on the crook of my arm at the age of 12. Yet as I matured I felt reluctant and ultimately insecure mingling with the socialites and involving myself in the obscure nature fashion followers thrived in.

None the less, Fashion Weekend was a breath of fresh air! I was lucky enough to receive complimentary tickets to the show as president of the Fashion and Beauty Appreciation Society (FABSOC) at the University of Sydney, so I took the plunge whilst doing a good deed for the team - double snaps for me! 

The experience was extremely laid back and it came across as an exhibition type event, which made it all the less snobbish - this I enjoyed thoroughly! Anyone who had a reasonably priced ticket could walk through the doors and no one stared you down and sniggered at your outfit (besides the few odd snoots), supposedly from last season. Of course being me, I had to make some sort of an entrance with an outfit I ruffled together a few hours before (classy, I know...), but I was content with the monochrome office-look I opted for, it was a safe bet but still radiated my elegant, yet edgy style. 

The brands were not well known, but it was great to see up coming Australian brands get the exposure they deserve. I was blown away by the arrangement of some stalls - Nude, took up nearly a whole aisle with their VM, podiums and a make-up booth. Moroccan Oil were also a hit as they were able to do on the spot hairstyles, for free! Other brands such as By Johnny had great bargains and I'm a sucker for eccentric neoprene designs, Samantha Wills had an amazing bohemian styled stall that took my breath away, all their pieces were merchandised so well I nearly dipped into my savings! However, whilst many of the other brands had great designs, their quality failed to shine through when I had a quick feel. Winston and Wolfe were by far the most quality driven products and their designs were romantically gorgeous - think Ellery gone high street! 

All in all, the day was a blast as I was accompanied by my amazing FABSOC team and Kae Jun, who helped take some shots and collaborated with me when approaching some brands that we could potentially work with. In regards to my outfit, I wore my beautifully structured Camilla and Marc blazer, this blazer can turn a casual tee & denim outfit into a sophisticated interview outfit or even a sultry date night outfit. Underneath I opted for a simple french navy Sass & Bide singlet matching with my favourite Sass & Bide bralette. On the bottom I stuck to my trusty black pants from Glassons (I have 10 of these, I kid you not) and I added a pop of colour with my Salvatore Ferragamo flats and carried my trusty Fendi on the crook of my arm. As much as I wasn't over the moon with my choice, I realised I put a little too much thought into such an effortless night filled with people who genuinely enjoyed fashion and were not afraid to dress in thongs, scarves and sneakers with a whiff of Chanel on their arm! 

Enjoy m'loves xo


No comments:

Post a Comment